This year we will not overeat for the Holidays, or Anytime!
HEALTH HUGS FROM
MOVE THAT MOUNTAIN HEALTH COACHING, BY NATALIE
Now is NOT the time to cover up in big heavy clothes to hide our discomfort from overeating just because That’s What WE always Do….
News Flash- Just because you always did it that way doesn’t mean you always have to.
Uggh, Every time we are faced with all that easy to eat, tasty food we eat way too much, Why? Because it tastes so good! It is usually not because we are hungry.
Let’s all work together and NOT overeat at our meals for holiday or any meal!
Quick and simple Biology lesson, if we cram too much food in our bellies, our body cannot possibly digest properly, leading to slowed digestion, food sitting in the gut and not being utilized for nutrition and energy thus being stored as FAT. Aha contributing to the excess weight we cover up with our comfy winter wear.
How Not To overeat and actually lose Pounds: (Now! dont wait for the Holidays)
- When you eat, think about your body and what it is feeling. Are you hungry? Are you Stress eating?
- Don’t wait until you are famished, that’s when we grab easy to chew, higher sugar, less nutritious foods to hurry and fill us up.
- Stress eating can be mindless eating, eating under pressure or stress will also decrease digestion, causing bloating and stored fat.
- When your food is in front of you, Pause, look at it, smell it, this will prepare your body to digest that food you are about to eat. Giving thanks for it will offer enough time for this step.
- CHEW YOUR FOOD, BITE FOR BITE.
- Put your utensil down between bites.
- Breathe between bites (not big breaths with food in mouth, avoid aspiration) Just breath- this helps blood flow and digestion.
- Only eat until you are 75% full, HOW?
- Aim for 20 minutes for each meal or at least for your biggest meal.
- When you are done with your plate, BE DONE, push it away, cover with napkin, announce you are done.
BONUS: Drinking water with meal helps you feel full before you eat too much, helps with digestion.
This is your time, your year to finally not fall back to the habits that make you uncomfortable, harbor regret and self-sabotage.
"I want everyone to be healthy"
For more information on Good habits and how to get them Email me or call me. We will uncover your hang-ups and pitfalls stopping you from your goals.
Life is Good and meant to be enjoyed.
Give thanks for every meal and CHEW your food!
new email: nataliejo@MTMcoaching.net
I am Natalie and I am Personal Health Coach.
A Health Coach is a master of habit change, an advocate for living a healthy, happy lifestyle, a teacher of transformation, and an accountability partner to keep clients striving to reach their ultimate goal.
A Health Coach does not prescribe medicine or take the place of a medical professional, they are the motivators to push the client toward lasting results and lifestyle change using holistic and natural methods.
A Health Coach sets attainable goals for their clients, suggests alternative ways to cope with setbacks, and supports their clients in the unmasking of the true meaning behind behaviors - unconsciously or in reaction to external demands. Health Coach Institute firmly believes that change cannot occur without accountability and sustained motivation, thus the important role of a Health Coach.
I've had 22 years in medicine and have taken a new path thats best for me. My mission is to Share my Passion and knowledge, strengths and experiences and connect people with their will to be well. Its easier to stay well that to get well, And I want to help guide and advocate, teach and support our community the best way I know how and thats with My knowledge and passion.