Family Escapes High-Rise Apartment Fire

At 3:33 am, October 2nd Boulevard I could to, Chagrin Valley Dispatch received a call for a fire on the tenth floor at North Pointe Apartments located at 26151 Lake Shore Boulevard in Euclid. The building is a 21-story high rise apartment building with 475 units.

A family of three, one of which is a female infant, awoke to smoke and flames in the apartment. They escaped unharmed and activated the building fire alarm system to notify other residents. A working smoke alarm was inside of the unit but the occupants awoke before it sounded.

Euclid firefighters responded and the fire was knocked down within eleven minutes of arrival. The fire originated within the furnace and spread to involve surrounding combustibles. Fire damage was limited to the suite of origin and the American Red Cross has been contacted to assist the family.

With the arrival of cooler weather, people are encouraged to have their heating systems (furnaces, boilers, and fireplaces) serviced by a professional contractor to reduce the risk of exposure to carbon monoxide, chimney fires, and furnace malfunctions. Also, never use an oven to heat a room or apartment and keep space heaters at least three feet away from combustible materials.


Read More on City Page
Volume 8, Issue 11, Posted 1:17 PM, 11.03.2017