Updates and Announcements from Your Neighborhood Hospital
Euclid Hospital has been the primary source of healthcare for the Collinwood and Euclid communities for over 100 years. Recently, we were awarded the Blue Cross Blue Shield Distinction Center designation, which honors healthcare facilities that meet nationally established criteria in delivering quality, specialized care safely and effectively. We’ve also made the grade when it comes to patient safety by becoming one of only 44 organizations in Ohio to earn an “A” rating in the recent Leapfrog Hospital survey.
As I sat down the other day and reflected on these achievements, I couldn’t help but think of all the successes and positive output coming from Euclid Hospital. Inspired, I wanted to share some of our exciting news, developments and upcoming events with you – our neighbor – in hopes that the pride I feel will resonate with you as well.
- Mary Carneval, DO, has joined Euclid Hospital as a new general surgeon. Her specialty areas include hernias, thyroid, gallbladder, breasts, small and large intestines, anorectal diseases and skin and vascular access for port-a-cath. If you would like to see Dr. Carneval for any of your general surgery needs, please ask your doctor for a referral.
- A complete renovation of the invasive radiology suite has been completed at a cost of over $1 million, including the installation of a new state-of-the-art imaging camera.
- Additional resources are being added to the pediatric services in the medical office building. This will increase access to quality medical care for our families in the community.
- We are a proud sponsor of “Beyond the Storm, The Art of Healing,” a fundraising event slated to take place on May 6 at 6:30 p.m. at smARTspace at 78th, 1305 W. 80th St., Suite 116, Cleveland. Hosted by FrontLine Service, the annual event will feature artwork created by men, women and children who have experienced homelessness, trauma and crisis. FrontLine Service hopes to raise funds to expand their homeless and crises outreach services to those in need.
- Come cook with us! Join Euclid Hospital cardiologist, J. Michael Koch, MD, physician’s assistant Teresa D’Allessandro, PA-C, and Chef Dan Esquivel, from the Euclid Schools Culinary Bistro, as they discuss healthy summer recipes. Held at the Euclid Library, 631 East 222 St., Euclid, on May 10 from 6 to 7:30 p.m., attendees will have the opportunity tosample dishes and learn how to prepare nutritious recipes. This event is free. Pre-register by calling216.448.0085 or e-mail email@example.com
- Euclid Hospital will sponsor the Rose Mary Center’s Enchanted Garden Benefit on May 20 at 6:30 p.m. at the Historic Van Sweringen Arcade. The Rose-Mary Center hopes to raise funds that will sufficiently support the renovation of their state-of-the-art community group homes for individuals who are developmentally disabled.
Euclid Hospital is pleased to provide high-quality, compassionate care, life-enriching events and support to our patients and community members. Thank you for letting us be a part of your neighborhood.