Be Sugar Wise
I am Natalie-Jo Founder and CEO of Move That Mountain Health & Life Coaching. It is such a privilege to write this column each month for the past 19 months and counting.
As a local Health Professional and Transformational Health Coach, I work with people seeking to understand their current health issues and actively participate in their care. I am able to tap into their self-awareness, provide support, accountability, develop and follow action plans for healthier behaviors. I use an integrative wellness model, which incorporates evidence-based conventional medical care with complementary medicine, and lifestyle modification to achieve sought after wellness goals.
In case you haven’t noticed, this country is in a health crisis, more and more people are qualifying for obesity at rates that are astounding.
I say to you, WE ARE NOT TOO FAT, WE ARE TOO SWEET!
Empty calories from hidden sugars in our foods is a HUGE culprit to America’s weight trends.
Sugar is everywhere, in foods you would not think of. It is up to you to Read labels, become aware of your choices.
I have a list of 50+ names for hidden sugar as well as a tricky sugar inventory sheet I use for my workshops, I will send to you at you request.
This month if your goal is to cut SUGAR, which will, help mood, reduce weight, have better energy, clearer thinking and improve skin issues, Here are some tips for handling those cravings when faced with the choice, to eat or not to eat.
Here are my Seven Solutions to Sugar Cravings
- 1. Check your bevies! Sounds a little crazy but sometimes sweet cravings are a sign of dehydration, so having a glass of water and waiting five minutes then see if you still have the craving, also too much caffeine can mimic a blood sugar crash coming down from a high to a crash will create a craving for sugar.
- 2. Satisfy your sweet tooth with sweet vegetables fruit and spices. Our tongues have sweet taste buds that demand to be satisfied so don’t hold out just add naturally sweet foods and spices to your diet like carrots and berries, apples squash, cinnamon, nutmeg, coriander, cloves beets.
- 3. Sleep! For many of us it’s easier said than done but if you’re constantly tired your buddies going to look for energy and it’s usually in something sweet or caffeine. Power down an hour earlier than usual and notice how your cravings disappear.
- 4. Check your proteins. This is a fun fact watch how much protein and what kind of protein you eat especially animal protein, eating too little animal protein can lead to massive sweet cravings however eating too much in a protein can lead to sweet cravings. When I work with clients we find just the right sweet spot for protein intake so they feel satisfied.
- 5. Sniff out low-fat and fat free foods. When food manufactures take the fat out of foods they fill it in with sugar, yes, they do!
- 6. Move yourself! Movement is another kind of food for your body it releases stress makes you feel great, look great when you don’t get enough of the body starts to look for other ways to blow off steam like binging on snickers or other sweet things
- 7. Create new post meal rituals. If you are a desert after your meal person, one thing you might love about this is just the ritual of it. What are some other possibilities of post meal rituals that you could incorporate.
It is my passion and mission to spark awareness and curiosity in all persons I have contact with on ways to live and feel better than ever in this world of daily new and confusing health facts and trends. This info is my choice based on current research trends, consult your wellness professional if you have health concerns.
I believe we all have permission to live well and be the best version of ourselves, whatever that means to you.
As a human race, we are designed to improve as we go.
I believe most people want to live well and improve in some area of their life and health in order to obtain goals and dreams or to simply live better each day.
Life is a continuous learning event, we change daily according to our exposures, and how we interpret them, What we see, hear, taste, smell and touch is constantly feeding signals and data to our brain from our environment.
Simple tips for success and wealthy health are provided each month here and on Facebook at Move That Mountain Wellness Coaching.
Reach out to me if you want to set your goals and have some accountability and guidance.
My mission is that all people take charge and become the CEO of their own health, recognizing what the body is telling you and how to listen and what to do next.
Make time for personal goal setting and review this article.
I work with people from all over the globe, different lifestyles, variety of wants and needs in life. The one thing we all have in common is the desire to continually improve, health and relationships with food, family, workplace whatever it is, we want more and we want better.
Enter your daily routine with courage to take charge of your Health and Wellness.
Text, call or email for your free easy, fun discussion session about your health goals and see if working with me as your coach is your next best step.
Visit my website www.MTMhealthcoach.com
Ask questions about this or any of the comments I have posted. Feedback is welcome.
Find Inspiration to make heathy habits now that last through the year and your lifetime, Health is not an expense, it is an investment.
I provide one on one or group sessions, as well as educational wellness talks for any size groups and company Lunch N Learns.
It’s Time for you!
Let’s Move That Mountain! One push is all it takes.
Natalie-Jo Flynn, MSN, CHC, Personal lifestyle Coach
I am Natalie-Jo, a Personal Transformational Health and wellness Coach.
A Health Coach is a master of habit change, an advocate for living a healthy, happy lifestyle, a teacher of transformation, and an accountability partner to keep clients striving to reach their ultimate goal.
A Health Coach does not prescribe medicine or take the place of a medical professional, they are the motivators to push the client toward lasting results and lifestyle change using holistic and natural methods.
A Health Coach sets attainable goals for their clients, suggests alternative ways to cope with setbacks, and supports their clients in the unmasking of the true meaning behind behaviors - unconsciously or in reaction to external demands. A Health Coach firmly believes that change cannot occur without accountability and sustained motivation, thus the important role of a Health Coach.
I've had 24 years in medicine and have taken a path that is best for those I serve. My mission is to Share my Passion and knowledge, strengths and experiences to connect people with their will to be well. Its easier to stay well that to get well, I guide, advocate, teach and support our community the best way I know how and I keep learning an improving myself in order to be my best for others.