Medicare Recognizes Growing Use of Mobile Devices
Times are changing. And older adults are changing with the times. Where seniors once scorned the use of the internet a growing number, especially younger, more affluent seniors now rely on their smart phones, tablets and other mobile devices to stay in touch. According to Pew Research, more than two thirds of Americans age 65 and older get news on mobile devices.
The Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has recognized this growing trend and recently launched new online tools designed to give Medicare beneficiaries and their caregivers easy access to their Medicare information. The suite of tools includes:
- MyMedicare.gov, a free and secure way to access your personal information online and cut down on the amount of paperwork Medicare routinely sends to you.
- The “What’s Covered” App. It provides accurate cost and coverage information on a smartphone or other mobile device. The What’s Covered App can be downloaded for free from your Apple or Android app store.
Locally, we are finding our Mutsko Insurance customers are using the internet and our website at www.mutskoinsurance.com for insurance information. In order to improve their online experience, we have updated our website, adding new downloadable forms and interactive features we believe will be helpful, including:
- Shop online options for Vision, Dental and Travel Insurance.
- Request a Quote Form for quick responses for insurance quotes.
- Getting Started with Medicare Class dates, times and registration info.
We also provide timely updates and interesting facts on insurance matters on the Mutsko Insurance Services Facebook page. We invite you to become a Facebook friend and follow us at https://www.facebook.com/MutskoInsurance.
One note of caution when you surf the internet. Please be careful. There are many ‘look-alikes’ sites designed to confuse unsuspecting people. Always verify the address and legitimacy of any sites you visit before sharing any personal information.
If you have questions concerning Health Insurance including Individual, Group, Medicare Advantage Plans or Medicare Supplements, call me at 440-255-2500 or email me at Lmutsko@mutskoinsurance.com. I look forward to helping you.
Laura Mutsko is a licensed insurance agent offering a complete line of health and life insurance products, including Individual, Group and Family Health, Medicare Advantage Plans, Medicare Supplement Plans, Medicare Part D Prescription Coverage, Vision, Dental and Life Insurance. Contact Laura at 440-255-5700. Mutsko Insurance Services, LLC is located at 6982 Spinach Drive in Mentor, Ohio.