Whole30 Cobb Salad
- 3 eggs
- 6 slices whole30 bacon or prosciutto (no sugar or nitrates)
- 4 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 cups cooked chicken diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- 1 avocado diced or sliced
- 3 stalks of green onions chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove minced
- a tablespoon or to taste lemon juice
- Bring water to a boil in a saucepan. Take out eggs straight from the fridge, then lower the eggs into the water gently, and let it come to a boil again. Once it does, lower the heat, and let the eggs simmer for 11 minutes. Prepare a large bowl with an ice bath. Once the eggs are done cooking, place them in the ice bath for at least 5 minutes. Peel the eggs under cold running water.
- Fry bacon or prosciutto slices in a pan over medium heat until evenly browned and crisp, about 5-7 minutes.
- Drain and roughly crumble. Set aside.
- Place romaine lettuce on the bottom of a large salad bowl.
- Top with chicken, eggs, bacon, cherry tomatoes, avocado, and green onions.
- In a separate bowl, combine all ingredients for the dressing and whisk together.
- Drizzle over the salad and toss together gently before serving.
This was so yummy! Everyone at our house ate it up! I made a few small changes but found this recipe at https://whatgreatgrandmaate.com/whole30-cobb-salad-paleo-keto/
A Peninsula, Ohio, native, Emily Holody is a stay-at-home mother and freelance writer with a degree in Sociology from Kent State University. She has a background in mental health and social work, loves yoga, all things outdoors, and lives in Euclid with her childhood sweetheart and their family.