The First Tee of Cleveland to host Open House April 7th at Briardale Greens
The First Tee of Cleveland’s 2018 Spring Open House is set for Saturday, April 7 from 10:00 a.m. to Noon at Briardale Greens Golf Course, 24131 Briardale Avenue in Euclid. All are welcome to come see what the excitement is all about!
The mission of the local non-profit organization is to positively impact the lives of young people ages 6 to 18 across Northeast Ohio by providing educational programs that build character, instill life-enhancing values and promote healthy choices through the game of golf.
Open House guests can see the positive impact the programs have on young people through the Life Skills™, Core Values™ and Healthy Habits™ curriculum. Guests will have the chance to meet the coaches, enroll for 2018 programs and participate in fun golf activities. Light snacks and beverages will be served.
The Open House is free and open to all youth and their families. The event also takes place rain or shine at The First Tee of Cleveland's three other locations:
- Washington Golf Course (main campus), 3841 Washington Park Blvd., Newburgh Heights
- The Links Golf Course, 26111 John Road, Olmsted Township
- Windmill Golf Center, 1511 E. Aurora Road (State Route 82), Macedonia
The First Tee of Cleveland is a Chapter of The First Tee®, a national initiative begun in 1997. A five-year independent research study shows that the programs positively impacts grades, self-confidence and social responsibility. Taking place at various times throughout the year, programs include:
• School Year, After School and Saturday Programs
• “Try It” sessions: see what you like first, then join
• Patty Wood Girls Leadership Experience / Get WorkerFit
• Fit to A Tee winter cooking class
• Caddie Class, first four Saturdays in March
• Summer Programs: Weekdays and Saturdays
• Summer Golf Camps at Washington Golf Course in partnership with Cleveland Metroparks
• Outreach Programs in Schools and with other youth development agencies
Health, wellness and safety are integrated at every level of the curriculum. The First Tee of Cleveland is proud to have been recognized by The National Council of Youth Sports (NCYS) as their 2017 Organization of the Year. NCYS represents over 60 million youth in organized sports throughout the country. The First Tee of Cleveland was honored locally and nationally as the STRIVE (Sports, Teach, Respect, Initiative, Values, Excellence) Award recipient.
Visit www.thefirstteecleveland.org or call 216.641.7799 to register or for more information.
Mary Patton is Development and Marketing Director of The First Tee of Cleveland.