Dog Rescued from Euclid House Fire

At 4:50 pm on June 13th, the Euclid Fire Department (EFD) responded to a house fire at 19750 Naumann Ave. On arrival, heavy smoke was pushing out the second floor windows. 
Crews immediately went to work taking hose inside the house to fight the fire while other crews provided outside ventilation and raised ladders.

Before being brought under control, the fire extended up to the third floor but flames were knocked down in less than 10 minutes. While fighting the fire, crews rescued a dog that was soon reunited with its owners.

No one was home at the time of the fire, but the occupants returned soon after the arrival of the EFD. The Red Cross was called to assist the family of six. In addition, there were no injuries to any of the 17 EFD personnel at the incident.

The second and third floors sustained significant fire and heat damage with water damage to the first floor. The preliminary loss estimate for the building and contents is $40,000.

After an investigation, the fire was ruled accidental and resulted from an unattended candle in a second floor bedroom. We urge everyone to use extreme caution when using candles. Keep combustible materials away from any open flames and extinguish the candle before leaving the room.

Read More on City Page
Volume 8, Issue 7, Posted 11:11 AM, 07.07.2017