Euclid Honors Its Veterans at the 87th Memorial Day Parade
Euclid's 87th Memorial Day Parade, which was held on Monday, May 29th, again upheld the city's proud tradition of honoring veterans and active military personnel. Many entities were gathered including community groups, businesses, churches, and a plethora of neighbors and guests.
On behalf of the parade judges - D. Fay Miller, Brian Moore, and myself - we would like to extend our heartfelt thank you to our veterans, the Euclid Joint Veterans Council, Mayor Kirsten Holzheimer Gail and her admistration and staff, members of Euclid Safety forces, and all those who participated in the planning and implementation of the parade.
We also would like to thank and applaud those who participated in this event. Congratulations to the following units who are recipients of this year's trophies:
- Bike Euclid
- Body Rocks Dance and Fitness Studio
- Boy Scouts #143
- Cleveland Grays Armory Museum Color Guard
- Euclid High School Marching Band
- Euclid Pet Pals and Animal Shelter
- Euclid Police and Fire Departments
- Euclid Public Library
- Lake Catholic High School
- MCMS (Moore Counseling and Mediation Service, Inc.)
- Miss Poppy
- Navy Jr. ROTC, NJROTC Drill Team (entire unit)
- RCCG Jesuit House Cleveland
- Shore Cultural Centre
It is our sincere hope that we all value this time-honored tradition. Consider joining us in 2018!
Director of Development & Discipleship, Ss. Robert & William Parish; President of the Euclid Hunger Center