Eastbrook Healthcare Center Completes First Phase of Renovations
Eastbrook Healthcare Center recently completed the first part of an ongoing renovation to upgrade and modernize the skilled nursing facility. With a new owner in 2015 came the mantra – out with the old and in with the new – for the aging facility.
“The upgrades to our short-term rehabilitation unit, such as new state-of-the-art equipment and aesthetically pleasing decor, will make each patient’s stay more comfortable and pleasant,” says Shilo Dewald, administrator, Eastbrook Healthcare Center.
Eastbrook is a skilled nursing facility that provides long- and short-term care for the following needs:
- Rehabilitation – Medical rehabilitation for issues such as wound care, stroke, cardiac, respiratory and physical, occupational and speech therapy.
- Psychological therapy – Those who need supervised care from a routine counselor and/or psychiatrist to become independent community members.
- Dementia/intellectual delay – Patients who require more supervision and stability for their specialized needs.
Dewald adds that “the new look and comfort features incorporated into the renovation will enhance the care we provide for our patients every day.”
The short-term rehabilitation unit’s renovated features include:
- New nurses station complete with updated technology
- Adjustable air conditioning and heating units in each room
- Upgraded security features
- Welcoming entryway
- New call light system to track patient calls more effectively
- Individual televisions in each room
- Renovated dining area
- State-of-the-art electric beds
- Aesthetically pleasing décor for a soothing environment
A Labor of Love
By providing simple things like self-adjustable heating and air conditioning units, patients feel a sense of of independence and autonomy.
“The renovation project is a labor of love. We strive to have an updated facility that provides much needed care and services for our community,” reflects Dewald.
The Eastbrook Healthcare Center is located at 17322 Euclid Avenue in Cleveland. To take a tour or for more information about Eastbrook Healthcare Center, call 216.486.2280 or visit eastbrookhealth.com.